The 2019 TDI Holiday Gift Guide
After speaking with a variety of people from different backgrounds, and conducting some intensive research on what is trending this holiday, we have constructed our list of the top products that are wished for this season. We only chose high-quality products that we love to represent and share with you. Our goal is to showcase brands that are sustainable and care about the way they manufacture their products.
We made sure to include some local brands that were born and bred in Toronto.
1. Five Minute Journal ($26.95) from Indigo
Let her set good intentions every morning for the day and plan her goals. It will help her feel more organized going into the day.
2. The "PINOT PLEASE" Classic Crew Neck Sweatshirt ($79.00) from BRUNETTE the Label
This slightly oversized crewneck is the ideal present for all our ladies who like to help themselves to a glass of Pinot (or two). It is super adorable and the colour is perfect for the holidays.
3. Veuve Clicquot Brut Champagne ($74.25) from the LCBO
Spoil her with some of the best champagne there is. Surprise her with a homemade dinner, paired with the bottle of Veuve. Your partner will be extremely impressed.
4. Fuzzy Zip-Up Sweater ($88.00) from Aritzia
This fuzzy sweater is a winning look this winter. It’s simple, yet classic, and matches with everything.
5. Design Manicure ($90.00-$105.00) from Majesty's Pleasure
Give her a unique nail design by nail artists at Majesty’s Pleasure, while sipping bubbly in an even more aesthetic environment. This artistic treatment includes a consultation with your artist to create a custom design and colour palette, shaping, buffing, cuticle care, moisturizing hand & arm massage, hot towel, and gel design.
6. Lotus Necklace from Mejuri ($105.00)
You can’t go wrong with this classic Mejuri necklace. Elegant, simple and Instagramable. It is excellent for layering with other necklaces, too.
7. Super Hydrating Facial ($115.00) Pure and Simple Facial (Yorkville)
Give your significant other a fresh start for the new year with some self-love.
8. Unbound Auto Curler ($130.00) Conair
Any girl who curls their hair will know this is a GAME-CHANGER. It is perfect for someone always on the go. This cordless auto curler can be charged in advance for up to 60 minutes and creates beautiful waves in seconds.
9. Vintage Pajama Set ($144.00) from J CREW
There is no doubt she will absolutely adore this gift. She will feel comfy and chic in this soft cotton pajama set.
10. Weighted Blanket ($195.00) from ENDY
Give the gift of ultimate comfort with this 15 lb weighted blanket that is designed for stress relief. It’s cozy and feels like a hug - what more could you want?
11. Cocktail Studs - Pearls ($210.00) from ATTIC
These gorgeous white pearls are classic earrings she will wear forever. The earrings are sold as a pair or as singles. The company ships across Canada and the US.
1. Men’s Super Soft Scarf ($39.50) from Indigo
Keep him warm and cozy this winter with this soft red & black buffalo plaid scarf. It will match with most coats and it’s super soft.
2. Merino Toque ($42.00) from Muttonhead
This local Toronto company sells some amazing apparel but their toques are a classic. They also come in other colours: maroon, rust, smoke, and forest.
3. Snack-And-Go Flip Mittens ($24.99) from KOMBI Canada
In partnership with BeaverTails®, Kombi presents the new Snack-and-Go flip mitts. Now you can snack on a delicious pastry while keeping your hands cozy and warm.
4. Artisan Bundle ($59.95) from Urban Beard
Buying gifts for men can be difficult, but this is a sure hit if he has any facial hair. He will appreciate a present he can actually use, plus it’ll keep him looking and smelling great.
5. Essential Sweatshirt ($68.00) from KOTN
This basic sweater is 100% long-staple Egyptian cotton and is ethically made in Egypt. It’s the perfect staple piece and also comes in Black, Army Green, Navy, Heather Grey and Mauve.
6. Connor Stretch Chinos ($70.00 - $79.00, depending on colour) from Club Monaco
These pants are comfortable, well made, and easily wearable year-round. Plus they will look good on his butt. They also come in six other colours: Green Moss, Merlot, Oak, Rust, Blue, and Green.
7. Sorel Boots ($159.95) from MEC
If he needs a new pair of winter boots, these are stylish and sturdy. It’s supposed to be a long winter, so he will definitely be happy to have these.
8. Coffee Machine ($179) Nespresso
What is better than waking up to a fresh brewed coffee? Give your significant other the gift of energy that they will remember you on each and every day.
9. Men’s Axiom ($360) from Citizen Watches
This sleek watch is actually on sale right now and it’s a Christmas miracle! Grab it quick before everyone else finds out.
10. Beats Studio 3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones ($399.00)
Even though this gift is a bit of a splurge, these are the best quality headphones he could ask for. If he is a music lover, this present is a no-brainer.
1. Mini Waffle-Knit Reading Socks ($17.50) from Indigo
These unisex socks are the perfect gift this winter for cozying up by the fire and watching some old holiday flicks.
2. Saje Wellness Massage Oil ($12.00)
Made from grapefruit, thyme and juniper berries, this massage oil not only hydrates skin but smells incredible. Run the bottle under warm water one or two minutes for the best results. Oil up your partner and give them the best massage of their life.
3. ABBOTT Wood Cheese Board ($30) from Drake General Store
Pick local cheeses, fruits and cured meats to create your dream spread. Impress your friends with a stunning board or enjoy date night activity with just the two of you.
4. Signature Collection 18 Piece Box ($40) CXBO by Brandon Olsen
Nothing says I love you (or I am really into you) like some gourmet chocolate. These handcrafted chocolates are almost too pretty to eat, but once you start, you won’t want to stop. These are also available for purchase at Pusateri's.
5. Intro to Mixology Kit ($59) from Pack It Up
Have a date night and create cocktails together. This is the 22 starter kit to help you begin your bartending adventures.
6. Polaroid Snap Instant Digital Camera with ZINK Zero Ink Printing Technology ($69.24) from Amazon
Capture all your favourite moments over the holidays with this polaroid instant digital camera. It is compact and prints high-quality photos with no computer needed.
7. Cotton Cabin Crew Sweater ($78.00) from Roots
This sweater is something you can both share and it will keep you warm in the upcoming months.
8. Fizzi ($119.99) from SodaStream
The brand new Fizzi is a great addition to any home, with maximum fizz and minimal effort. It is great if you want to test your cocktail making skills or if one of you is having a tummy ache.
9. 4 Person Outdoor Picnic Backpack ($151) from Wayfair
Spark some romance with the Picnic Backpack and plan a date night featuring wine, cheese and that extremely cozy-looking blanket.
10. Deep Tissue Massage ($180) at Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie
Pamper your loved one with a luxury massage at the Shangri-La Hotel in Toronto. You might even want to turn it into a couple’s massage!
Secret Santa Gifts (Under $50)
1. Be Golly Be Jolly Gift Box ($12) from Squish Candy
This festive holiday box is extremely adorable and filled with the most delicious gourmet gummies you’ve ever tried.
2. 12oz Vanilla Spice Scented Soy Candle ($18.00) from Citchen Candle Co.
This is a no-brainer gift. Everyone loves candles. This company handcrafts their candles in Canada so you would be supporting a local brand.
3. Bar Glass Set - Mountie + Canada Pennant ($23.95) from Drake General Store
These bar glasses are adorable and show some love to Canada. They’re a gift that everyone can use and even serve as water glasses.
4. Marble Coasters ($24) from Cocktail Emporium
This is a great addition to any coffee table at a good price point, made from mango wood and white marble. The coasters come in a set of 4.
5. MÌo Ceramic Dish ($28) from Cambie Design
Who doesn’t want a beautiful ceramic dish? They are handmade and will add some character to their kitchen. Choose between pink, blue, or yellow.
6. What Do You Meme? Board Game ($29.95)
It’s the perfect gift for someone with lots of friends. This hilarious game is simple to play and will have everyone laughing all night long.
7. Books With Style - The Year Of Cozy ($33.06) from ShopBop
This book is the perfect gift for the months ahead with recipes, crafts and things to do inside while we brave the frigid winters.
8. Copper & Marble Cheese Knives – Set of 3 ($39.50) from Indigo
If this person is big on entertaining, they will love this stylish set of copper and marble cheese knives. It will look like you spent way more than you did.
9. 24 Days of Tea ($40) from David's Tea
Each advent calendar is packed with a surprise tea daily for twenty-four days! They will get to test out some sneak peaks and enjoy the classics.
10. Classic Champagne Gift Box ($41.00) from Nadege
This gift set is an ideal gift for chocolate lovers, featuring their signature hot chocolate, chocolate brittle, alphabet chocolate tablet, and more.